Saturday, June 15, 2013

Buffy, Bacon, and Shiny Things, OH MY!! (Season 1, Episode 3 - Come to the Shark Side)

So, today is my birthday!!! That's right, bitches, the day I was born!!! (And, this post is scheduled to post at 3:27AM, because I was born at 6:27AM on the East Coast, and am now writing this from the Seventh Ring of Hell - ahem, Arizona...where we're three hours off in the summer, and only two in the winter, just to keep it non-confusing) o.O And, for my birthday, here's a little present for you...


The K-E-L-L-Y Song from Cheers (A link in case the video doesn't come up)

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I just wanted to write a short post, because today is not only my birthday, but it is also (non-coincidentally) Shark Bait's birthday!!! Shark Bait was released one year ago today, and I can't believe that it has been a year already!!! (I'm sure Jenn feels the same way.) SO, in honor of this momentous occasion, I thought that I would reveal a little known fact about the early drafts of Shark Bait (actually, this is something I'm hoping to turn into a semi-regular feature of my blog posts...but we'll see).

So, I went to go back through my email to find actual quotes from the beginning of all of this, and either I wasn't an email hoarder back then, or Gmail decided not to keep my emails back that far. Anyway, I could only get back to July of 2010, and by that time, Jenn and I were well into discussions on Book 2 (I know, right! 3 whole freaking years ago!!) However, clearly long before that, probably in January or March or I don't know when...way back when Jenn was first writing, things were a little different. See, ORIGINALLY, there were 3 Ramsey girls, Camie, Jillian, and Kimberly (I think that was her name). Yep, that's right, there was another child, and at some point in the draft process, Jenn decided that there wasn't really enough action to keep all three kids around for the entire series, so she proceeded to kill off, er, edit out #3. So there you have it. Author doesn't like you? BOOM, you're out of the book. Just like that...Shark Bait fun fact for the day.

And, as this wouldn't be a birthday episode without both some Buffy...


Happy Birthday, Buffy

And some Bacon...mmmm, that cake looks amazing! :)


Until next time, Bitches!
-- Kelly

Feature Contributor:

Kelly, Queen of Random Shit
Twitter | Blog | Instagram | Pinterest | Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say, bitches? Say it here, but please, no snotty bullshit. We'd hate to delete what you have to say, but we will if we deem your comment to be out of hand or plain old spam.